Tuesday, August 03, 2004

On Sen. Joe Lieberman (D), Connecticut, tool

Okay, so I know this guy was our vice presidential candidate back in 2000, and I'm not going to say for a second that the country is better off with Bush/Cheney than it would have been with Gore/Lieberman - War on Terra notwithstanding. But the fact is, we'd be better with Bobo the Chimp than our current leader, and I don't think that, under a Gore administration, our national success, security, whatever you want to call it would have been because of Joe Lieberman, because the more I hear him speak, the more I realize that he is a) wholly uninspiring, in terms of physical presence and apparent intestinal fortitude, and b) a complete and utter tool.

On CNN Sunday, there was this'n:
LIEBERMAN: I don't think anybody who has any fairness or is in their right mind would think that the president or the secretary of Homeland Security would raise an alert level and scare people for political reasons.
And back in January, of course, there was this'n:
LIEBERMAN: [L]ook at Saddam's record. He has got weapons of mass destruction. ... He tried to kill President Bush's father in 1993. How much more of a terrorist act could there be?
Gosh, let me think on that...

But I think that in the end, it can be traced back to this'n:
MILLER: Hey, Joe, want to come over to my place Fourth of July weekend? We're barbecuing.

LIEBERMAN: Gosh, Zell, I don't know, I've kind of got plans for the Fourth.

MILLER: Come on, Joe. We're serving Kool-Aid.

LIEBERMAN: Well, I do love some Kool-Aid...
'Course you do.

No comments: