Friday, November 18, 2005

On Friday Random Ten

Okay, so is it a goal of the producers of ER to have every woman on the show sleep with Dr. Kovac before the end of this season? Not that I can blame them, of course. But if it is, in fact, an official policy, I need to see about getting cast as an extra. Maybe a nurse on her first day, overwhelmed and in desperate need of comfort?


Oh, my. I... I find myself feeling faint...

Actually, funny story there: the excitement du jour yesterday involved blood donation and, apparently, not enough juice afterwards. I've just donated (my eighteenth pint, for the record), I'm stopping off at Subway for a six-inch oven-roasted chicken (no cheese), and I start to feel woozy. By the time I've paid, I'm feeling seriously woozy, and the last thing I remember as I put the change in my purse is my vision going tunnely and a little voice in the back of my head saying, "You seem tired. You should really go to sleep... rightnow."

The next thing I know, I'm waking up and staring at the ceiling as a dozen people around me freak out. They very kindly picked me up, put me in a chair, and got me water. The manager even gave me a free cookie ("The sugar, is good for you, make you feel better," he said in his charming ethnic way). I'm just kind of ticked off because the guy in front of me had left already. Dude, the time to order five foot-long subs with everything is on the phone before you get there. If you'd ordered a six-inch turkey sub, I might have made it back to my office.

I've got the whole weekend to recover, though. I'll be blowing off work half a day early to spent the weekend in Alabama with the Alabama relatives, the parents, and this other guy. The fun will certainly be in the watching of Daddy and his baby sis in the throes of football rivalry, but UVA football wouldn't be UVA football without Mom doing the Wahoo Dance. Love ya, Aunt B, but I've never seen you shake it like that after a touchdown. And what am I going to be listening to on the ride over? Here's a random sampling of, oh, let's say ten tracks:

1. Diana Krall, "I Love Being Here With You"
2. Dusty Springfield, "Son of a Preacher Man"
3. Monteverdi, "Ecco pur c'a voi ritorno" fom "L'Orfeo, Favola in Musica"
4. Garth Brooks, "Rodeo"
5. Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"
6. George Harrison, "I've Got My Mind Set on You"
7. Kay Starr, "(I Would Do) Anything For You"
8. Diana Krall, "All or Nothing At All"
9. Martha Reeves & The Vandellas, "Nowhere to Run"
10. Shakira, "The One"

No comments: