Friday, January 27, 2006

On Friday freaking Random bloody Ten already

Okay, so Your Humble Blogger isn't in the greatest of moods this morning. She spent a long day yesterday doing the Reporting In the Field thing - in high heels, which she's never seen her male colleagues do. She's got more of that on tap for today, and tomorrow, for that matter, which some of you might have noticed is a Saturday. And what does she find when she gets to her desk this morning? Hate mail from a woman who insists that, yes, our office does publish a magazine that we don't actually have anything to do with, and that for me to say otherwise is just a weak attempt to get out of doing my job.

But before I get back to the hard job of reporting in uncomfortable shoes (and don't even start to suggest that I wear different ones, because you don't even know), I leave you with a (praise Jesus, it's finally) Friday Random Ten to do with as you will:

1. Jimmie's Chicken Shack, "What Do I Do (Right)"
2. Blossom Dearie, "You For Me"
3. George Harrison, "I've Got My Mind Set On You"
4. OMD, "We Love You (12" version)"
5. Tears For Fears, "Mothers Talk"
6. Serge Gainsbourg, "Black Trombone"
7. Garth Brooks, "Rodeo"
8. Abbey Lincoln, "When I'm Called Home"
9. Modest Mouse, "Float On"
10. Frank Sinatra, "Laura"

Fun fact: The Random-Tennifier has managed to produce eight songs that I haven't listened to in donkey's ears and don't actually like. The person who can guess which two I do like gets a bright, shiny quarter and the opportunity to pick the topic of my next post. Line forms on the right.

No comments: