Friday, May 18, 2007

On Sam Brownback: This Is Your Soundtrack

Okay, so it's one thing to be anti-abortion. It's another thing to be so anti-abortion that you oppose it even in the case of rape or incest.

It's another thing entirely to be a man who thinks he has a uterus.


Sam Brownback starts to forget his 8th grade biology lessons at 0:42

But we need to remember that, even if Sam Brownback doesn't actually have a uterus, he has every right to have a baby.


STAN: I want to be a woman. From now on, I want you all to call me 'Loretta'.
REG: What?!
LORETTA: It's my right as a man.
JUDITH: Well, why do you want to be Loretta, Stan?
LORETTA: I want to have babies.
REG: You want to have babies?!
LORETTA: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.
REG: But... you can't have babies.
LORETTA: Don't you oppress me.
REG: I'm not oppressing you, Stan. You haven't got a womb! Where's the foetus going to gestate?! You going to keep it in a box?!
LORETTA: [crying]
JUDITH: Here! I-- I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually have babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans', but that he can have the right to have babies.
FRANCIS: Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to have babies, brother. Sister. Sorry.

The Ten:

1. Under the Influence, "Mama's Room"
2. Dixie Chicks, "Baby Hold On"
3. Dinah Washington, "Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby?"
4. Big Mountain, "Baby, I Love Your Way"
5. Bon Jovi, "It's My Life"
6. Smash Mouth, "Can't Get Enough of You Baby"
7. Madison Avenue, "Don't Call Me Baby"
8. Athenaeum, "If Baby's Gone"
9. Cat Stevens, "There Goes My Baby"
10. Fatboy Slim, "Right Here, Right Now"

No comments: