Friday, August 10, 2007

On the good, the bad, and the Friday Random Ten


No comparison.

Okay, so I can't tell you how many times some random person has said to me, "ACG, you seem to have it together. You seem to know what's up. You're the sole arbiter of what's good and what isn't. Impart your wisdom upon the populace." And of course, I'm happy to do so, unless that person approached me while I had a book open and obviously was trying to read and had my earbuds in as a clear sign that I wasn't interacting with the outside world and when a person is keeping to herself like that and happy to be doing so, why would you go up and disturb her just to find out what's good and what isn't?

I make such information available now in the hopes that people'll leave me the crap alone on the airport shuttle.

What's good (for the week ending 8/9/07):

- The service at the Hilton St. Louis Downtown
- Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer
- a grilled cheese sandwich made with equal parts comté and gouda
- a ceiling fan on a hot night
- The Bourne Ultimatum

What's not good:

- crying babies behind you on an airplane
- Alberto Gonzales

The Ten:

1. The Beastie Boys, "Shadrach"
2. Luigi Boccherini, "Rondo" (from Concerto in D Major)
3. Barenaked Ladies, "Light Up My Room"
4. Cameo, "Word Up!"
5. Sixpence None the Richer, "Breathe"
6. Gorillaz, "Rock the House"
7. Pet Shop Boys, "Heart"
8. Michael Bublé, "The More I See You"
9. Howie Day, "Sorry So Sorry"
10. Billy Stewart, "Summertime"

What's good for you this week?

No comments: