Sunday, September 13, 2009

On stimulus

Okay, so I've been a slackass, because I do that. And I might continue to be. No promises. But here are a few things to keep you busy until I get my stuff together again:

... of the economy
In times of hardship, people tend to return to... simpler pleasures, which is, I'm sure, why Newt Gingrich's American Solutions for Winning the Future (ASWF) gave their 2009 Entrepreneur of the Year award to Allison Vines, owner of pr0n DVD superstore Pink Visual. ASWF was quick to retract the honor when they found out Vines's line of work, saying they'd sent the fax "inadvertently" (says her marketing coordinator, "We’re not entirely clear on how one ‘inadvertently’ sends a fax to the right person at the correct fax number"), but I like the way that, just for a moment, Newt managed to "inadvertently" recognize a different kind of stimulus to a different kind of package.

... and also of the economy, I suppose
On Friday, the Alabama Supreme Court upheld a state ban on the sale of sex toys. I commented on this 'round about this time three years ago, and I still haven't figured out a bona-fide law enforcement purpose for an OhMiBod bluetooth bullet. Good to know that Love Stuff isn't going down without a fight, though. Fight the (battery) power!

No comments: